What To Expect And How To Prepare For Carpet Cleaning And Carpet Repair
We offer FREE Estimates for all of our services, many by phone. We’ll take the time to thoroughly explain different cleaning methods and procedures during the initial call so you can feel confident making an informed decision.
After scheduling your service, we encourage you to write down your appointment on a calendar with the individual’s name you spoke to, and our phone number: 732-929-9669. We will call 1 week in advance to confirm the appointment, review the work, and our mutual expectations. Often we play “phone tag” but we do request that you return our phone call.
We will also call the day before your appointment and at least 1 hour before our arrival so you know what time we will arrive. Our cleaning technicians will be in company uniforms and jackets that are clearly labeled. We drive company vans that are also clearly labeled.
Before we arrive:
At GM Services, we are committed to providing exceptional carpet cleaning services, including executive carpet cleaning, rug cleaning and repair, and upholstery cleaning. To ensure an outstanding job and a smooth cleaning process, please follow these guidelines before our arrival:
- Ensure easy access to the nearest exterior door in the area being cleaned. If necessary, remove cars from your driveway before our team arrives.
- If you reside in a gated community, kindly inform security in advance that you are expecting “GM Carpet Care.”
- For the safety of your pets, please relocate them to a room not being cleaned, a neighbor’s house, or secure them in a kennel or carrier. As doors will be opened and closed during the cleaning process, we want to ensure your pets’ safety. Please note that we are not responsible for any runaway cats or dogs.
- If our crew is expected to move any furniture, kindly remove all items from the tops of the furniture prior to our arrival. We cannot move furniture with items on or in them.
- We recommend a thorough vacuuming of all carpets and upholstery to be cleaned, preferably the day before our visit. If you are unable to vacuum, we offer this service as well. A proper vacuuming helps us achieve a fantastic job and prevents excessive moisture during the cleaning process.
Thank you for choosing GM Services for your executive carpet and upholstery cleaning needs. We look forward to delivering an outstanding job and leaving your carpets looking refreshed and revitalized.
What to do after we leave:
After carpet cleaning, we recommend that you wear white socks only to walk on any carpets that have been cleaned. No shoes, slippers, or colored socks. Please limit this walking for 2-4 hours until carpets are completely dry.
Promote air circulation to promote drying! Turn on all ceiling fans, window fans, etc. Open windows, if possible. Turn up the heat in the winter, or turn down the air conditioner in the summer.
We ask you to leave any furniture cards or blocks under your furniture for 24 hours after carpet cleaning. These prevent rust or furniture stains on your carpet.
For upholstery cleaning, we will arrange cushions in teepee style, please rotate them every half hour.
Give a thorough vacuuming the following day. You cannot vacuum too often! It helps set the pile, and in sandy Ocean and Monmouth County, it removes any churned-up sand.
Tell your friends and neighbors!
Feel free to brag about your clean carpets and the fantastic service you received from GM Carpet Care.
Spot Removal Tips
Always feel free to call us anytime for expert advice on spot removal. All our personnel are certified “spotting” experts and have a thorough understanding of the causes of your spots. We know how to proceed with solvent, sour, and alkaline cleaning to remove those strange, persistent stains.
If you have a spot you cannot remove, we offer spot removal services. We do require a minimum service call fee for our time and effort, but if we cannot get it out, the spot is not removable! The vast majority of spots are removed though, and we love the challenge.
If a spot cannot be cleaned, it can still be removed if it is large, noticeable, or bothersome. Carpeting is the most forgiving of all floor coverings and an area with a spot/stain can be replaced using spare carpet pieces or a closet. Learn more about our Carpet Repair Services.
- What Is Professional Carpet Repair and How Does It Work?
- How Professionals Patch Carpet To Blend Perfectly
- How Can Commercial Carpet Cleaning Help Get You More Business?
- Professional Area Rug Cleaning: What You Need To Know
- Should I Vacuum Before Carpet Cleaning?
- How To Get Furniture Dents Out Of Carpet
- How to Clean Wool Rugs
- What to Do Before Your Carpet Cleaning Appointment