Area Rug Cleaning
In Ocean County and Monmouth County, New Jersey
When you invest in a beautiful area rug for your home, you want to ensure it lasts a long time and continues to look great year after year. But improper cleaning methods can do more harm than good, and not all rug cleaners have the necessary training to know how to care for fine area rugs including wool rugs and handwoven rugs.
Rely on the rug cleaning experts at GM Carpet Care to take care of your precious area rugs. Our skilled team will identify the material and construction of your rug to ensure only the proper cleaning methods are employed, protecting your rug from damage during the cleaning process and ensuring its natural beauty is restored.
Your Area Rugs Deserve to be Handled With Care
Area rugs can hold several pounds of dirt. Regular cleaning protects against premature wear and rinses away soils, germs, and bacteria.
Rediscover the natural beauty of your area rugs and allow the original colors and patterns to shine through. Your rugs will look brand new and feel fresh and clean.
Caring for Your Area Rugs
Most fine area rugs should be cleaned every 1-3 years, depending on use, and high-quality area rugs can last for generations with the proper care.
GM Carpet Care offers both “in-home” and “in-plant” cleaning options for your different types of area rugs. As the customer, you have the choice in how your rugs are cleaned. Learn more about each option below.
In-Plant Area Rug Cleaning in Toms River, New Jersey
Your Rugs are Cleaned Off-Site at Our Rug Cleaning Facility
In-plant cleaning at our facility in Toms River, New Jersey is the safest and most effective way to clean natural fiber and handmade rugs. With many imported rugs valued at thousands of dollars, this is the most thorough cleaning option to protect your investment. It is also excellent for rugs that have been stored for periods of time.
- Step 1: We will pick up your rugs for you.
- Step 2: We’ll conduct a thorough inspection of your rug, identifying any areas of concern, damage, or spots that will require special attention.
- Step 3: Dry soil removal methods will be used to loosen and remove as much dirt as possible before washing.
- Step 4: Your rugs are then thoroughly washed including pretreatment and shampoo. The rugs are rinsed to ensure dirt and cleaning residues are cleared.
- Step 5: After washing, optional services include deodorization, insecticide application (for natural fiber rugs), and 3M Scotchgard™ application.
- Step 6: Your rugs are thoroughly dried. Once dry, they are rolled in brown paper and returned to you in about one week.
In-Home Area Rug Cleaning in Ocean & Monmouth County
Your Rugs are Cleaned In-Place
Best for synthetic machine-made rugs, in-home cleaning is a convenient and affordable way to keep your area rugs looking their best. This process is similar to carpet cleaning and will be performed in-place at your home anywhere in Monmouth County and Ocean County, NJ.
- Step 1: We will do a thorough inspection of carpet fiber, construction, padding, soiling, and pre-existing damage.
- Step 2: We will pre-treat all soiled areas of you rugs.
- Step 3: Hot water extraction using gentle, environmentally-friendly cleaning solutions is used to wash and rinse your area rugs. Our cleaning solutions are 100% organic.
- Step 4: After washing, optional services include deodorization and 3M Scotchgard™ application. We highly recommend applying carpet protectant to minimize soiling and to protect against spills.
- Step 5: The rugs will dry in-place within about 3-4 hours. You may walk on the rugs while drying with white socks only! Do not walk on the damp rugs with shoes, slippers or colored socks.
Start Enjoying Your Clean Area Rugs Today
When it comes to taking care of your area rugs, nothing is better than having them professionally cleaned by a rug cleaning specialist. Not only are you removing soils and odors, but you are also protecting your rug against damage and eliminating harmful bacteria and germs. We know you value your area rugs and carry $1 million liability coverage for our customer’s valuables.
Ensure your rugs remain beautiful for generations to come and call GM Carpet Care today for a free estimate. Our rug cleaning professionals are here to answer your questions and ensure your area rugs receive only the best care.
What The Jersey Shore Is Saying About Us
“GM Carpet Care is amazing. Extremely easy to set up appointment, awesome office confirms times and the crew shows up on time. They are courteous and professional. The cleanings are always impeccable and I would 100% recommend them!”
“Very pleased with the quality of the rug cleaning. Had my 4 area rugs taken to the plant for in-house cleaning. There was dog urine on one of the carpets and it was expertly cleaned. Very happy with not only the cleaning service, but the professionalism of the workers who picked up and delivered the rugs. Would use again.”
“I’ve used this company previously and was very happy, this time I had an area rug taken out and cleaned along with being deodorized it came back within a week and it was perfect, like a new carpet which is 12 years old, and the first time being professionally serviced. I would recommend this company to anyone.”
Trust Us With Your Heirloom Rugs: GM Carpet Care Area Rug Cleaning Services
Keep your rug bright, colorful, clean and beautiful. Most rug manufacturers recommend that their rugs be professionally cleaned every 12-24 months. Remember to check your warranty, as some manufacturers now make professional cleaning a compulsory condition of their wear warranties.
On hard floor surfaces like tile and wood, dirt and soil are easily seen and wiped off. It’s not the same with rugs and dirt can find it’s way deep into the fibers where it can’t easily be vacuumed out of your rug.
Daily activity such as walking and sitting on your rug can cause this dirt to rub against the fibers. This abrasive action will deteriorate the fibers in your rug and will require you to replace your rug prematurely. We use a cleaning system to reach this dirty in our Toms River facility that deep cleans your rug and flushes dirt and other environmental pollutants from the fibers with safe and effective cleaning products.
All of the products that we use are non-toxic and bio-degradable for your peace of mind and for the environment. How can your help your rug stay clean after our professional cleaning? If you vacuum on a regular basis, that will help. Be careful of fringe and the height of the beater bar. Consider not using the beater bar. Use a quality under layer, pad or cushion to allow for cleaning and prevent slippage.
Call us now for all your area rug needs in New Jersey.